Re: Questions for a language designer

At 03:57 PM 2003.05.30 +0200, Stéphane Payrard wrote:
>On the other hand, in the last decade, we have seen nothing real
>substantially new in the domain of digital literacy. Part of the
>problem is that most good Open Source literate tool are confined in
>a pure "teletype model" when modern displays could bring richer
>digital literate model.
>
>But dollars flow more easily in the direction of tacky 3D immersive
>virtual worlds or fancy humanoids robots. How sad.

	I hope you don't mean that *all* 3D immersive worlds are by their nature tacky, but just the ones that have been implemented for education recently.  The VR hype has come and gone, but there's no telling if some sort of successful 3D interface for education or even programming is still in the future.