Re: Erlang challenge

On Saturday, June 7, 2003, at 09:35 AM, Anton van Straaten wrote:

> Don't know about a list.  There are some details of the test, showing a
> comparison between Erlang and Java, with source code for both
> languages,
> here:
> http://www.sics.se/~joe/ericsson/du98024.html

Looks like Erlang only has a 1K stack size. Does it dynamically adjust
this as more stack space is needed, or is it set dangerously low in
order to get good results for this particular test?

> Not to belabor a point or anything :), but Feeley's use of Scheme is
> along
> the same lines I was talking about yesterday, in characterizing Scheme
> as a
> language assembly language...
> Not bad, for a scripting language...

If it's compiling to C, I wouldn't consider it a scripting language.
Btw, does Evaling a string at runtime involve a C compiler being
spawned?

Cheers,
Steve
"Statically typed languages are like American sports cars.
They go fast, but only in a straight line"