Re: I'd rather edit my spreadsheet with a text editor

On Friday, Jun 13, 2003, at 15:28 US/Eastern, Shriram Krishnamurthi
wrote:
> I'm not sure ... what "check itself" means (whether something
> profound, or merely
> something like a type system).

I think it was a dependency checker that could tell when a series of
calculations, once good, no longer made any sense, perhaps because a
set of cells got deleted, moved or modified.  Excel does that at a
basic level, but I think the new feature was an assertion or constraint
layer.

Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey S. Knauth | http://knauth.org/gsk