Re: LFM + LFSP = LFE?

Guile was originally intended to have multiple syntaxes so that, as you
mention, you could easily "map" other languages onto the scheme syntactic
constructs.  And as you say, this was too ambitious.  However, there was a
C-like dialect called CTAX which was not based on any other language
(though the syntax looked a lot like C).  This was actually implemented,
but it has totally bitrotted AFAIK.  I think they should have put more
effort into this and less into the language translation approach.  It would
have been much easier, and would probably have attracted many people to
guile.

Mike