Re: can s-exprs represent a graph without eval?

    James> S-exprs can represent trees of data easily.  I am wondering
    James> if s-exprs, or some other syntax, can be used to represent
    James> a graph just on reading, without eval.

    James> I assume something simple could be done where you have a
    James> syntax to bind symbols, and then access their bindings.
    James> Does Lisp do this already?  or is graph data just written
    James> as Lisp code and eval'ed?

Some lisps have ways of representing circular list structure; that
might be what you want.  See
http://download.plt-scheme.org/doc/mzscheme/mzscheme-Z-H-14.html#node_sec_14.5,
for one example.

--
People studying literature rarely say anything that would be of the
slightest use to those producing it.