Re: s-exprs + prototypes

On Sunday, June 22, 2003, at 12:59 AM, Michael Vanier wrote:
> I have yet to see any language with built-in OO that gives you a
> choice of
> object systems.  So what's your point?  I would rather have the option
> of
> using one of several object systems than be forced to use a particular
> one.

Object systems are just scoping systems. Non-OO languages have various
scoping patterns, so you're no better off. If the goal is
simplicity/uniformity, the only question is which scoping system allows
you to use the same mechanism and all levels (high and low).

Cheers,
Steve
Io, a small language: http://www.iolanguage.com/