Re: s-exprs + prototypes

On Sunday, June 22, 2003, at 04:22 AM, Michael Vanier wrote:
>   The big difference is that functions have no notion of dispatching
> on the
>   types of the arguments, whereas objects do.  There are different
> ways of
>   handling this, none of which are manifestly the "best" way.  So the
>   supposed generality of objects is IMO an illusion.

None of the OO languages I've used dispatch on arg types. If you mean
this in the sense that different targets implement different methods
with the same name, then this is no different that different functions
having different locals with the same name.

object = context = scope

Cheers,
Steve
OSX freeware and shareware: http://www.dekorte.com/downloads.html