Re: CPS in Parrot (was: A plea for a new old language)

> Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 09:23:56 -0400
> From: Geoffrey Knauth <geoff@knauth.org>
>
> Maybe we need a few Star Trek episodes on continuations.  Star Trek
> made people comfortable with wormholes, temporal distortions and
> parallel universes, now stock devices.  When they appear in episodes,
> viewers guess what's coming, while the stories remain interesting.

  Scotty: Captain!  The stack canna handle the strain!  It's gonna blow!
  Spock:  Switching to a segmented stack architecture and utilizing
          first-class continuations may be our only hope.
  McCoy:  Dammit, you pointy-eared freak, who do you think you are?
          Man was not meant to take control of the stack in his own
          hands!  It could lead to universal armageddon!
  Kirk:   Do it.

Then again, maybe not ;-)

Mike