Re: CPS in Parrot (was: A plea for a new old language)

At 4:21 PM -0400 8/6/03, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:
>Matt Hellige wrote:
>  > In your teaching experience, would you agree that an understanding of
>>  callcc and first-class continuations is NOT requisite for an
>>  understanding of language implementation using CPS?
>
>YES.

Which I'll heartily second, though I've a much smaller pool of
example to draw on. I have found that getting people to go from CPS
type continuations to first-class continuations is trivial. That,
though, may be because there's no difference between the
continuations Parrot uses for its CPS system and continuations it
takes for call/cc or that it gives you when you just want a
continuation for later use. (Which is to say our CPS continuations
are fully first class continuations)
--
                                         Dan

                                       teddy bears get drunk