Re: forewords by Guy L. Steele Jr.

   Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 14:42:58 -0400
   From: Vadim Nasardinov <el-vadimo@comcast.net>
   To: ll1-discuss@ai.mit.edu
   Subject: forewords by Guy L. Steele Jr.

   Vadim Nasardinov wrote:
    > Awright, I promise to read The Seasoned Schemer as soon as I am done
    > with "Effective Java", "Concurrency: State Models & Java Programs",
    > and "The Little Lisper".  No more stupid questions till after I've
    > read the book.

   Ok, one more silly question.  It just occurred to me that three out of
   four books on the above to-read list have forewords written by Guy
   Steele:

   1. The Little Lisper
   2. Effective Java

http://www.informit.com/isapi/product_id~{7DE69993-3EF5-4354-9E10-9F8A535909F1}/
st~{90CFF67E-2B20-4C43-9C48-D03D2A276AD8}/content/images/0201310058/samplechapte
r/steeleforewordbloch.pdf

   3. The Seasoned Schemer.

   A quick Google search turned up two more titles:

   4. A Hacker's Delight:
      http://www.hackersdelight.org/foreword.pdf

   5. The New Hacker's Dictionary.

   Both of them are books that I would like to have on my bookshelf.  Are
   there any other books to which Guy Steele wrote a foreword or
   afterword?

I have also written forewords for:

  Springer and Friedman.  Scheme and the Art of Programming.
  MIT Press, 1989.

  Koschman, Timothy D.  The Common Lisp Companion.  Wiley, 1989.

  Tatar, Deborah G.  A Programmer's Guide to Common Lisp.
  Digital Press, 1986.

  Loshin, David.  High Performance Computing Demystified.
  AP Professional, 1994.

--Guy Steele