Re: Java GOOD -- Fire BAD

Joe Marshall wrote:

> I've used Lisp on the job for years.
> Any idiot supervisor who does not let his programmers use
> the appropriate tools for the job deserves *exactly* the calibre
> of programmers he will get.

Sure, there are some Lisp jobs... probably about .002 percent
of all software jobs.  I very much enjoyed it when I had one.
I'm just claiming that the people who aren't lucky enough to fall
into that .002 percent are still a lot better off writing Java than C++.

Besides, sadly, I don't believe most programmers are sufficiently tuned
in to know what they're missing -- I don't think that means that they
somehow "deserve" C++. :-)