Re: OO should break when broken(was re: the benefits of immutability)

On Monday, September 1, 2003, at 10:19 AM, Geoffrey Knauth wrote:

> I trying to extend OpenMap classes, in and of themselves very useful,
> and finding that I wished a few things had been put elsewhere rather
> in than the classes I was extending.

That is why I think Sather has it done right. You can only inherit from
something abstract, i.e., sth that has no implementation at all. Reuse
of implementation in Sather is separate from inheritance of interface.

disclaimer: It has been a long while since I've followed Sather so
history could have diverged from what I know.

--
--- james mccartney