Re: why tail recursion matters and why Java isn't it, was Re: lispperformance was Re: problems with lisp

> Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 21:54:45 +0200
> From: Pascal Costanza <costanza@iai.uni-bonn.de>
>
> The problem with the state of computer science today isn't that everyone
> uses Java. The problem is that everyone thinks that there should be only
> one language.

I agree 100%.  Too many choices in programming language design are mutually
exclusive (in practice, if not always in theory) for me to believe in the
One True Uberlanguage.  But 700 is surely too many.  I'd guess that the
number should be more like 100, and should be proportional to the number of
existing programming paradigms with a fairly small multiplicative constant.

Mike