packages, modules, etc...

Even little languages end up with lots of named "things" and therefore
need some way to organize them. I'd like to hear opinions and ideas
about better organizational schemes than what currently exists.

To get things started, it's pretty common to hear complaints about
Common Lisp's package system (for example, in
http://www.norvig.com/python-lisp.html, Peter Norvig says that Python's
module system is easy to use while CL's is hard to use). Now I have not
done any Python programming but a quick look at the tutorial on Modules
(http://www.python.org/doc/2.3.2/tut/node8.html) didn't convince me. Is
Python's module / package system easier to use? Does CL's package
system really suck?

Thanks,
--
Gary Warren King, Lab Manager
EKSL East, University of Massachusetts * 413 577 0176

Ye’ll tak the high road an’ I’ll tak yer wallet!
   -- Terry Pratchett, the Wee Free Men