Re: dual-language systems increase modularity

Steve Dekorte wrote:

> On Nov 18, 2003, at 7:56 AM, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> > 2. It's doable in one-line of ML's core language:
> >       Lambda t. lambda f:t->t.lambda x:t.f(x)
> >     if you insist on thinking of proxy as an eta-expansion of apply.

This is a formal notation for the kind of type parameterization the
C++ template system lets you do.  Those who haven't seen it before may
benefit from a gentle introduction.  I explain it over several pages
in my textbook:

  http://www.cs.brown.edu/courses/cs173/2003/Textbook/2003-11-03.pdf

Shriram