Re: your mail

Dan Sugalski wrote:

> The cynic in me has an urge to rip into the work these guys have done, but
>
>I'll forbear. Instead I'll pull out the cluestick and point out that the
>*whole* *damn* *point* of the message was to present a way to discourage
>people who ought not be doing langauge design from designing a language.

 From a practical point of view, if you have a job to get done, it's
almost always a good idea
to use an existing langauge rather than design a new one if at all
practical, even if you actually
are a good language designer, because it's not easy to design a good
language, whereas
there are many good languages already in existence whose design has gone
through many
rounds of criticism and improvement.