Re: dynamic vs. static typing

On 2003-11-19T10:58:56-0500, John Clements wrote:
> As a junior member of camp 4, I must respectfully take issue with the
> blanket condemnation of heterogeneous lists... unless we agree to say
> that from a type standpoint, Scheme is unityped.  Agreed?

Oh yeah, Scheme values (unlike objects that don't even support
introspection) support a very rich interface, and every Scheme value
supports the same interface.  I was condemning "truly heterogeneous"
lists, if you will, where the consumer of the list has absolutely no
idea what the elements are.

--
Edit this signature at http://www.digitas.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/ken/sig
http://www.thismodernworld.com/