Helium

Since I was complaining recently that a big problem with static typing is that compilers
for languages with "advanced" type systems tend to emit totally baffling errors, I thought
I should point out that there is a very interesting-sounding project to develop a Haskell
compiler targeted at Haskell newbies.The authors state that "Quality of the error messages
has been the main concern both in the choice of the language features [NB: it is actually
a Haskell subset, at least for now] and in the implementation of the compiler." Helium lives
at http://www.cs.uu.nl/helium/

-- O.L.