Re: More on dispatching by function return type

On 17 Dec 2003, at 21:57, John Clements wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2003, at 3:52 PM, Pascal Costanza wrote:
>

>> On 17 Dec 2003, at 19:54, Johan wrote:
>>
>>> The relation to macros is that macros work on program text, rather
>>> than higher-order expressions.
>>
>> Lisp macros don't work on program text, but on s-expressions.
>
> No, no, I'm a Schemer.  s-expressions _are_ program text.

No, they're not. See
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=gat-2908031110410001%40k-137-79
-50-101.jpl.nasa.gov

This was a highly controversial discussion in comp.lang.lisp, but I
think that Erann Gat is right here.

> john "one of you" clements

:)

Pascal

--
Tyler: "How's that working out for you?"
Jack: "Great."