[CfP] Deadline extension: Lisp and Scheme Workshop '04

|                1st European Lisp and Scheme Workshop                 |
|         June 13 - Oslo, Norway - co-located with ECOOP 2004          |
|                           Supported by ALU                           |

News:
+ The submission deadline has been extended.
   The new deadline is Monday, April 19th.
+ The workshop will include a keynote by Christian Queinnec. (pending)
+ The papers we have already received are now available in the papers
   section of the website.

Important Dates:
  Extended submission deadline: April 19, 2004
  Notification of acceptance: April 26, 2004
  ECOOP early registration deadline: May 7, 2004

For more information visit
  http://www.cs.uni-bonn.de/~costanza/lisp-ecoop/
  or contact costanza@cs.uni-bonn.de

Overview:

Lisp has a tradition of providing a fruitful basis for language design
experiments for many decades. The structure of Lisp, including its
current major dialects Common Lisp and Scheme, makes it easy to extend
the language or even to implement entirely new dialects without starting
from scratch. The Common Lisp Object System (CLOS) was the first
object-oriented programming language to receive an ANSI standard. It is,
arguably, the most complete and advanced object system of any language.

Despite having somewhat disappeared from the radar of popular computer
science, Lisp has just started to gain momentum again. Many current
trends are strongly influenced by the metaprogramming notions that are
prevalent in Lisp, for example Aspect-Oriented Programming,
Domain-Oriented Programming, Model-Driven Architectures, Generative
Programming, and so on, that make heavy use of metaprogramming in the
background.

This one-day workshop will address the near-future role of Lisp-based
languages in those and related areas. We want to solicit papers that
discuss the opportunities Lisp provides to capture and enhance the
possibilities in software engineering. We also want to promote lively
discussion between researchers proposing new approaches and
practitioners reporting on their experience with the strengths and
limitations of current Lisp technologies.

Suggested Topics:
  * Macro-, reflective-, meta- and/or rule-based development approaches
  * New language features / abstractions
  * Case studies
  * Experience reports
  * Industrial applications
  * Aspect-Oriented Programming
  * Domain-Oriented Programming
  * Generative Programming
  * Ambient Intelligence
  * Context-Oriented Programming
  * Unanticipated Software Evolution
  * Design Patterns

Submission Guidelines:
  Potential attendants are expected to submit
  * either a long paper (10 pages) presenting scientific and/or empirical
    results about Lisp- and Scheme-based uses or new approaches for
    software engineering purposes
  * or a short essay (5 pages) defending a position about where research
    and practice based on Lisp and Scheme should be heading in the near
    future

Submissions should be mailed as PDF to Pascal Costanza
(costanza@cs.uni-bonn.de) before the submission deadline.