Re: <index-out-of-bounds-error>

In article <3C31FDAE.EB1F7EA7@mediaone.net>, Carl Gay
<carlgay@mediaone.net> wrote:

> I notice that in FunDev ""[0] signals <invalid-index-error> but
> I can't catch it because it's not exported from any library (as
> far as I can tell).  The best I can do is catch <simple-error>.
> I don't know what Gwydion does.

For such things, Gwydion currently throws a <simple-error> with an
appropriate message/format string and arguments.

> Should there be a standardized <index-out-of-bounds-error> class
> exported from common-dylan?  Or is there one in some other lib?

Possibly.  Why?  What would you do with it?

If you're catching the error close to where it is generated then why not
just change the code so that it tests the index, or uses element("", 0,
default: something)??

If you're catching the error a long way from where it is generated then
why do you care exactly what the error was?  What are you going to do
about it?

-- Bruce