RE: dylan revival

  > - factoring of the dylan library into configurations and profiles
(as
  > in J2ME) for small devices.

  This is an interesting idea. The main problem with implementing Dylan
is
  the Macro system. I've been toying with the idea of a macro-less
"Dylan
  Light" for Marlais and Mindy.
  The basic Dylan libraries are well defined. On top of this there are
the
  common-dylan libraries, and on top of those goes DUIM (Dylan's
interface
  manager, like Lisp's CLIM or Java's AWT). Socket libraries, ODBC, COM,

  CORBA, OpenGL, XML, etc. can be added as needed.

Why the macro system is the problem here ? Typically code for small
devices is cross-developed, so the main issues are the runtime and
libraries sizes. Are the sizes substantially bigger if macros are used ?
I'd think beside the size issue you just need to develop back end code
generators for various platforms. Or have I misinterpreted your comment

Roman