Re: Dylan for Pythoneers?

> Does anybody know of a link "Dylan for Python programmers" or anything
like
> that? Are language comparisons available other than Dylan vs. Java?

There is a Scheme vs. Dylan comparison at
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/hyplan/jsobel/forschemers.html

> What I wonder most for now is, does Dylan provide any threading mechanisms
> like Python does?

Yes, Functional Developer has a threading mechanism that uses native
threads.

> 3rd question: How do you develop in Dylan on Windows platforms? Many users
> of Functional Object's IDE here? Any alternatives to that? How about GUI
> programming on Windows? Is Dylan a good fit here?

Yes Dylan is a good fit here. I use Functional Developer a lot. Details can
be found at my website with lots of examples: http://www.double.co.nz/dylan
and http://dylanlibs.sf.net

Chris.