Dylan for Pythoneers?

Hi everybody,

I've got attracted by Dylan's mixed dynamic/static concept.

Does anybody know of a link "Dylan for Python programmers" or anything like
that? Are language comparisons available other than Dylan vs. Java?

What I wonder most for now is, does Dylan provide any threading mechanisms
like Python does?

3rd question: How do you develop in Dylan on Windows platforms? Many users
of Functional Object's IDE here? Any alternatives to that? How about GUI
programming on Windows? Is Dylan a good fit here?

Ah ja, another one: When it reads, that a compiler is able to compile
certain portions of code (namely the ones, that provide type information;
they are called "embellished", aren't they?), does that mean, that there is
a concept like "issue compile errors before any part of the program is
*run*"? Or does that mean, that a compiler wraps such code with runtime
support and the errors are detected at runtime (like say in Python)? In
other words: Is there a compiler run like in C++?

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Best regards
Franz GEIGER