Re: Linking to expat.dll

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carl Gay" <carlgay@attbi.com>
To: <info-dylan@ai.mit.edu>
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2002 3:15 AM
Subject: Re: Linking to expat.dll

> "Douglas M. Auclair" wrote:
> >
> > Carl Gay <carlgay@attbi.com> wrote in message
> > > I'm trying to build the "xml" library in FunDev and I need to
> >
> > Alternatively, you can use the xml-parser library which imports XML
> > elements as native-Dylan instances and allows transformations that are
> > far easier to do than using XSLT (IMHO, as I'm teaching a class on XML
> > and XSL).  It's available from CVS at the Gwydion Dylan web-site.  It
> > compiles and links fine on Fun-Dev -- I've delivered commercial
> > projects using Dylan from Fun-Dev and the xml-parser.
>
> I had some problems compiling it in FunDev.  Should the HEAD
> work without mods in FunDev?

The head revision (circa 26th April 2002) seems slightly incompatible with
the FunDev 2.0 pre-release that I've got.

In particular:

(1) <multimap> subclasses <object-table> and defines methods on element and
element-setter that are sealed on <table>. (Is that still the case?) Anyway
I modified <multimap> to subclass <mutable-explicit-key-collection> and
delegate to an internal <object-table>. (FTR I don't like the name
<multimap> as it isn't very Dylany and sounds as if its means the keys are
multi-dimensional. How about <sequence-table>? Unfortunately, <object-table>
should have been called <object-key-table>... )

(2) the macro that parses the entity bootstrap definitions didn't seem to
work. I had to add to the comment body clauses before it would go through:

 comment-body:
  { (?comment-body) ... } => { ?comment-body, ... }

After fixing these 2 issues I managed to parse a simple document.

I dunno how Doug wants to deal with maintaining compatiblity.

__Jason