Re: string-to-float

robmyers@mac.com wrote:

> I must add my utitlity code to GD: I've got a nice string tokenizer and
> some useful numerical stuff as well as the string-to-float code.

What about getting together a library of utility code that is less
formal than common-dylan?  I have a few little goodies that I use
in just about every Dylan project that would be good in a utility
library (most of which were written by others):  inc!, dec!, iff,
with-simple-restart, <sealed-constructor>, <singleton-object>.

I'd also love to see a comprehensive string library.  You've got
a tokenizer, I have quote-html and just converted base64
encoding/decoding from Common Lisp, and Scott McKay's string utils
are in almost everything I've ever written.

Anyone else got anything to add?  I'd be happy to organize it
and put it on a web page.

(I only have access to FunDev right now, so someone else would
have to do any conversion to GD.)