Re: Fun-O Out of Business?

Rob Myers <robmyers@mac.com> writes:

> > Erann Gat wrote:
> >>
> >> <shrug> Of course it *can*.
>
> More than that it is well suited to.

This may be coming as more of a challenge, in a positive sense, than
a "then prove it" kind of a confrontation.

At Franz, with our CL product, we agonized over the concept of
"eating our own dog food" for many years, and it became very
uplifting and was a relief when we finally started doing this
(check out our website; you'll see an AllegroServe Icon at the
bottom left corner; since allegroserve is opensource, perhaps
some enterprising Dylan programmer would want to take it and
translate it to Dylan, which shouldn't be hard, and then that
would cut the time down on bringing up a website based on
"dylanserve"...)

> >> What I'm wondering is whether it's advantageous to do so.
>
> I'd say so. Dylan is a language designed to cope with large-scale,
> complex programming projects. The libraries available for Fun-Dev and
> Gwydion are well suited to server-side database and network
> development.

I suggest then that you take the suggestion fro Erann and from Nike,
and Just Do It.  It will do wonders for morale.  It took Franz 14 or
15 years to get there; I would hope that Fun-O would not take that
long.

--
Duane Rettig    duane@franz.com    Franz Inc.  http://www.franz.com/