Re: Fun-O Out of Business?

> Erann Gat wrote:
>>
>> <shrug> Of course it *can*.

More than that it is well suited to.

>> What I'm wondering is whether it's advantageous to do so.

I'd say so. Dylan is a language designed to cope with large-scale,
complex programming projects. The libraries available for Fun-Dev and
Gwydion are well suited to server-side database and network development.

I find it takes me less time to start a project in Dylan than C++ or
Java, it takes less time to refactor code, much less time to write it in
the first place, and it's easier to express ideas in Dylan. I often find
myself looking at C++ wishing I had access to Dylan's macro or GF
systems.

>>   Apparently its creators don't think so.

If their web host isn't running PHP you can bet they're not going to run
Dylan. :-)

- Rob.