Re: adjust-stream-position() crashing

"Scott McKay" <swm@attbi.com> wrote in message news:<lKTt9.84209$qM2.23196@sccrnsc02>...
> "Nimi Peleg" <nimi@better.tv> wrote in message
> cde956d7.0210240331.dddb030@posting.google.com">news:cde956d7.0210240331.dddb030@posting.google.com...
> > I'm having trouble with adjust-stream-position() in FunDev.
> > After a while of writing/reading the file, the following error occurs:
> >
> > "Invalid bounds for <buffer> ... start: 16872, end: 16384"
> >
> > I don't know anything about the internals of the streams library but
> > it seems like the 'end: 16384' might be a forced truncation of a
> > bigger size, as it happens several times with different start values.
> >
> > The file is opened for "input-output" direction.
> >
> > Has anybody else encountered this and knows the reason for this? any
> > workaround?
> >

> Can you supply a small failing program?

I wrote a program to simulate the file operations of the actual code -
but it works fine. Since the error shows up only after crunching tons
of data, working fine for a while, I find it difficult placing an
ambush in a proper spot.
I'll keep debugging, but I'm not sure how to approach this. Could a
stack backtrace of the streams lib part give you a hint, maybe of a
precondition that is not met?