Re: Have you always dreamed of become a high payed consultant?

Alistair Maclean wrote:
> In article <3ddf96d3_6@Usenet.com>, Peter E. C. Dashwood <dashwood@nospa
> m.enternet.co.nz> writes
>
>>Hmmm... waiting to get "payed" with "baited" breath...
>>

>>Pete.
>>

> Email left unread due to misspelling of "sometmes".
>
> ps English is mutating/evolving and expanding not declining.

And U.S. English is evolving the fastest.  We are more than
happy to take words from anyone's language and make it our
own.  We're economical as well.  Look at all the U's we've
dropped, like in "color" as opposed to "colour", etc.

We've even had movements to change to a phonetic form of
spelling - "kat" for "cat".  Think of what that would do to
your spell checkers!  If you look at old writing from 200
years ago, great people had very bad spelling.  Sometimes in
the same document they would spell a word several different
ways.