Re: Coroutines

Dan, Scheme's call/cc provides the only true full coroutining power in the
world [*]. You can resume every interaction point between two (or more)
routines as many times as you wish. We have made good use of this in many
contexts. The routines don't have to be tail-recursive functions or loops.
Every one of them can use stack space.

If you care, I am willing to explain off line. I am also willing to explain
how Scheme's make this possible with negligible cost to ordinary programs.

[*] SML/NJ implements full call/cc, too. Stackless Python attempts to
implement it. Another instance where a scripting language follows an
academic language (30 years late. Thanks Guy!)

-- Matthias