Re: Diversity - existence, value, and pursuit.

Michael Vanier wrote:

> don't think people really have a problem with scheme's semantics, just with
> the syntax and with the mostly-functional programming model that is natural
> in scheme (which is a whole other issue).

Could you differentiate between "programming model" and "semantics" for
me? Do you mean just "idioms" for programming model? I'm curious what
things like "for loops", class statements and regular expressions would
look like in your syntax. In other words are we talking about merely a
thin layer of syntax or a thick layer -- to the point where it is almost
another language?

 Paul Prescod