Re: "Python for Lisp Programmers"

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 04:12:27PM -0500, Scott McKay wrote:
> Perl is about as light-weight as a brontosaurus, but that's just my opinion
> based on my "small, reasonably orthogonal core", which Perl lacks in spades.

You are right that Perl lacks a small, reasonably orthogonal core. If
that's the definition of "light-weight", then we are in agreement.

It's going to get down to semantics, though, isn't it? So we probably
shouldn't bother bickering about it. :)

(FWIW, my idea of lightweight is in how you use it; "doesn't require a
separate compilation stage" is one good feature to start with, but there
are plenty others.)

--
Only two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former - Albert Einstein