Re: Java

Vladimir G Ivanovic wrote:

> "PP" == Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net> writes:
>
>   PP> [2] Why doesn't it have a concept of "current directory".
>
> What would the current directory be on a device with (effectively) no
> user-writable storage, say, a cellphone or a set-top box?

Java has a File class. It has roughly half a million classes for working
with files. It has an equivalent for system(). Adding the couple of
other posix/Windows/C concepts that people expect (and sometimes _need_)
would hardly decrease its portability. The current working directory
complaint is the admittedly the least interesting of the several I made
based just on things that have frustrated me in the last three
days...don't get me started on last week. ;)

 Paul Prescod