Scheme variants & lightweight languages

   From: Morgan McGuire <morgan3d@yahoo.com>

   To me, the fact that I can snag a 100% compliant perl or python
   implementation for any platform in a few hundred kb and have it run
   without fiddling with installation or peculiarities of a dialect makes
   them lightweight.  There are so many Scheme variants and they are hard
   to get running, each with its own language peculiarities as well--
   heavyweight.

Heh heh. I like Scheme, but it's the single most unportable language
I know. That is one of its true weak points.
    -Olin