Re: Java

>Given all that you're saying, why isn't Curl (the language, not the IDEs
>etc.) open source?  It looks like a very interesting language, but last
>time I checked I couldn't use it because it doesn't run on Linux (though I
>gather that an alpha version for Linux has just been released).

A very early version of Curl was available as Open Source and for Linux, Windows and Solaris. See:

http://cag-www.lcs.mit.edu/curl/

The source is still available for download. Note that the 'modern' Curl is slightly different from this older Curl. The older 'Curl' still provides an interesting playground for learning/using Curl.

Chris.