Re: So, what the heck is a continuation anyway?

It just seems easier.  The parrot folks don't have to figure out the
correct implementation of call/cc.  They just have to translate a
continuation in e.g. Ruby into one in scheme.

Also, for python at least, a translation to scheme does indeed seem
relatively straightforward.

It certainly seems much more straightforward than writing a translation
into an, as yet, non existent language, and then writing an implementation
of THAT language.

-Alex-

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Simon Cozens wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 11:59:38PM -0500, S. Alexander Jacobson wrote:
> > So why not just translate/compile python/perl to scheme?
>
> You say this as if it were a gentle afternoon's exercise, rather than
> a lifetime of quiet torture.
>
> --
> I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year's fashions.
> 		-- Lillian Hellman

S. Alexander Jacobson                   i2x Media
1-917-783-0889 voice                    1-212-697-1427 fax