Re: XML as a transition to s-expr

Bruce Lewis wrote:

> C managed to become popular despite this difficulty.

I could argue with you about whether C really has the same problems as
Scheme, but we were talking about newbies. Proving that Scheme is as
easy for newbies as C is not saying much! Compare to Python or PHP and
I'll be more impressed.

I think if you really want to make a language that will be popular with
newbies then you need to take a more proactive approach than: "It isn't
much worse than the languages that are available today." (or thirty
years ago, for that matter)

 Paul Prescod