RE: Icon

Could you give us a longer example (say 10 or 20 lines)
that shows why you grumble when you have to use other
languages?  These little examples do help explain what
GD is, but don't show why it is so great.  What would
convince me would be a useful program that is easy to
express using GD and awkward to express without it.

(Then stand back while Cozens rewrites it as one line
of Perl...;-)

Another Q: how hard would GD be to implement using closures
and macros?  It feels a bit like Waters' series macros.