Parentheses

Ladies and gentlemen: It has come to my attention that some of you have
misconstrued my message that contained the sentence

 "The bad news for Schemers: Parens cause mistakes."

Just in case you failed to read the message, it really said:

 Yes, I am the first to acknowledge that for the first week or so
 parentheses may trip up people. BUT, by building a tower of languages,
 this problem is easily addressed and goes away in no time.

 Furthermore, my message clearly implied that your kind of languages are
 much worse off because it is much more difficult and much more expensive
 to build a tower of languages for languages with pre, in-, and post fix
 notation not to speak of the C of keywords.

Please do not quote me out of context. That is not respectable, and I am
not talking about academic standards.

-- Matthias