Re: Icon

   From: Matthias Felleisen <matthias@ccs.neu.edu>
   To: ll1-discuss@ai.mit.edu
   Subject: Re: Icon
   Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 14:52:17 -0500 (EST)

   You can do the Haskell thing (identifying one branch of the continuation
   with the ordinary return and the other one with call/cc-continuations aka
   monadically captured continuations) equally well using continuations in
   Scheme.  I designed a Prolog system that way in 1984. Several other people
   have extended this work a lot. -- Matthias

In Scheme all things are possible, more or less;
but I have to concede that the Haskell type system
makes it more likely that, once the type system is
happy, such hairy code actually works correctly.

--Guy