Re: FP+OO

   Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:47:03 -0500 (EST)
   From: Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk@cs.brown.edu>

					 (Example: people who say "OO is
   about data abstraction".  And what is ML about?  Plucking chickens?)

Gee, I would say that OO is about data abstraction.  By which I would
mean, the primary thing that the OO features of a language are
especially good for is abstracting data.  I think that's true no
matter what ML is about.  Now, if someone says "you can't do any kind
of data abstraction unless you have OO stuff in your language", that
would be different; but that's not what you said...