Re: Any and Every... (was Re: Eval)

Hi there!

I think now the terminology gets completely out of hand. :-)

Let's say my language L has the simple types INTEGER and BOOLEAN as
well as the compound types (well, type-constructors) ARRAY and
RECORD. The "set of types in L" is {INTEGER, BOOLEAN, ARRAY,
RECORD} where ARRAY and RECORD stand for "all declared ARRAY and
RECORD types" (so there are lots).

The subset of simple types of L is {INTEGER, BOOLEAN} and the
subset of compound types of L is {ARRAY, RECORD}. Now why would I
*not* be able to talk about the intersection of these to subsets
being empty? All elements are types, but they are *different* types.

Confused...
Peter

--
Peter H. Froehlich []->[!]<-[] http://nil.ics.uci.edu/~phf/