Re: compiler directives; (was: Re: cheerful static typing (was: A

   From: Dorai Sitaram <ds26@gte.com>
   Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:20:38 -0500 (EST)
   I really don't have a problem with compiler directives
   being treated as lang constructs.  It is the other-way
   smudging, ie, all lang constructs are compiler
   directives (which was what was suggested here)
   that strikes me as requiring some more persuasion.  I
   mean, is `set!' really a compiler directive?  Is
   `lambda' a compiler directive (an Ultimate Compiler
   Directive even)?  I don't see that yet.

Here is a more interesting case: is a Lisp macro
definition a compiler directive?

--Guy