RE: Question about grad schools.

Olin writes:

> Back when
> I was
> a grad student, Brown was a leader in hypermedia/hypertext (this is
> before the
> web, mind you, so this was radical) & computer graphics. These
> strengths are
> quite likely still there.

When I was in grad school, I visited Brown to see the hypertext project,
which was called (I think) Intermedia.  Indeed, this involved
programming languages in some measure, because they had designed their
own language to build the system.  They had the whole campus using the
system for various things.  This was c. 1989.  I thought it was pretty
neat; when the Web came along, it didn't appear so novel to me.

-- Paul