goo

I've just been reading the goo manual, available here along with source code:

http://www.ai.mit.edu/~jrb/goo/index.htm

I have to say that this is a heck of an elegant language design.  The basic
idea is to merge Dylan's (and CLOS') generic-function based OO system with
scheme's simplicity and syntax and see what you can throw out.  What's left
is very pretty indeed.  In fact, as I read the manual, the only things I
didn't like were the language name (!), the preference for extremely terse
names (e.g. "df" for "define function"), and the lack of upward
continuations.  The manual is only sixteen (16) pages long!

Mike