Re: succinctness = power

My 2c,

w0*readability+w1*regularity+w2*expressiveness+w3*succinctness = power

(where w0 >= w1 >= w2 >=w3).

So the more of each of these qualities you can add *without*
sacrificing the others, the more powerful the language. The more I
have to think to understand what a particular piece of code does (eg
call/cc, APL/J, perl one liners, regexp notation), the less spare
brain cycles I have to build abstractions upon it, which makes me
think of the learning theory described at ...

http://www.arts.unsw.edu.au/education/CLT_NET_Aug_97.HTML

-Drew