Re: Generalizing Types as Provable Invariants

Pixel, if a language isn't safe, a type system is only half as helpful.
Think of C++. If it verifies x is a char, then at run-time it may still
throw in some bits from an int into x, and what do you know -- is it
an int then? No, but it will print as one.

Is adding more stuff to such type systems truly useful? Be more selective.

-- Matthias