Re: "static" declaration

At Tue, 6 Aug 2002 09:18:33 -0400,
Sundar Narasimhan wrote:

> I benchmarked at one time that about 60-70% of our bugs in
> "newly deployed" Perl code was due to this single issue. Simple typos
> where a single character in a variable's name was transposed or
> mistyped etc. wreak havoc.

Have you ever considered 'use strict' and 'my $var' in Perl5?
You can reject simple variable typos 'statically'.

# In my experience, with the 'use strict' feature, I can manage
# 3-10 times(or more) larger code, than perl4.

Since I still write many one-liners, I love 'optional' static check!
I always 'use strict' in my production code/modules. But in daily
one-liners, rarely.
========
KOBAYASI Hiroaki -- hkoba@t3.rim.or.jp --
If you feel my english is strange, please correct me.