Re: Macros in Dylan

>>>>> "Eric" == Eric Kidd <eric.kidd@pobox.com> writes:

Eric> I think there are two major axes of variation in macro systems:

Eric>   1) Hygienic (Scheme) vs. non-hygienic (LISP).
Eric>   2) Pattern-based (SYNTAX-RULES) vs. programmatic (Lisp, SYNTAX-CASE).

Ermh, SYNTAX-CASE is pattern-based *and* programmatic.  I'd say that
(talking axes) SYNTAX-RULES handles hygiene implicitly and that
SYNTAX-CASE allows you handle hygiene explicitly.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike